Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Grind

I've been terribly absent. That's what happens when you have young children. The day begins like this:
6:00 am--Mom, can I get up now?
6:00 am--Not yet.
6:01 am--Now?
6:01 am--Hmmm Mmmm
6:02 am--Mom will you get up with me?
6:02 am--Just a minute.
6:02:30 am--Now?
6:02:31--Sigh
6:03--Mom can I watch a movie?
6:03--When it's time to get up, which is in a few minutes.
Pause for about a minute. Then they bring out the big dogs.
6:04--Mom, my bed is wet.

The one thing my kids know will pull me out of bed. I just can't stand the thought of them laying there in a pool of wet. That, plus the fact our house hovers at a temp that is perfect for, say, any of the Happy Feet crew, and I don't want their little hineys to be frozen to the sheets.

So my days start early and end late. I'm not making excuses, that's just a fact. Also, by the time I do get to settle in at night, all I want to do is watch Parenthood. Or Glee. I can't get me enough of those sponge-head square chin zingers.

But I've been inspired by my blogging friends of late, and I may want to throw in a word or two. So, here goes.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wow! I thought you had disappeared forever. Welcome back to the land of Blog.