Sunday, August 10, 2008

411

For all of you blog fiends out there, I have some bad news. I'm going away on vacation for a week & won't be able to post anything new for a while. But, just so you can get your blog freak on, here are a few little known facts about me for you to chew on while I'm gone.

#1. I've thought about it for a while and come to the conclusion that insects are not more afraid of me than I am of them.

#2. I always feel a little weird saying hi to someone named Jean (or Gene). Say it, you'll see why.

#3. Because I transferred so many times in college, I basically got my education degree twice.

#4. I have a criminal record in Buffalo County (Nebraska). After 30 hours of community service and a decision-making class, I now know that egging a car because they took your parking spot is not the smartest thing to do (at least in a Wal-Mart parking lot where there will definitely be witnesses).

#5. I've never seen the movie Fargo.

#6. I once made up a batch of pretend puke so that I didn't have to go to school.

#7. I was addicted to General Hospital for a few years (post Luke & Laura, more during the Sonny & Brenda years).

#8. I used to love long car rides when I was a kid. Now that I'm the parent, I enjoy them considerably less.

#9. I used to drink pickle juice straight from the jar. I think I stopped this habit in college.

#10. I was told never to marry someone with a first name for a last name. Now I hope that advice isn't still going around since my son falls into that category.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

Shannon said...

Have a good vaca. We will miss the blogs. Not sure what I'll do with all my spare time now that Case starts daycare!

Shi Town said...

Where are you going on vacation? And you totally need to retell your story of egging that car! Such a good, non Holly, story.

Erin Bennett said...

You are too funny....
#2. I feel the same way about saying hi to Jack. Hijack.
#4. Seriously, one of my favorite Holly stories.
#5. Me either!
#8. Amen.
#10. Bennett is an increasingly popular first name. Shoot!

AbbyAllen said...

On no...what are we going to do while you are gone! Pickle juice is that in the gene pool!?

Hannah said...

Hey holly have not talked to you in awhile, I love your blog I have not been able to read alot but I skimmed through and I though this one was so funny. Hope you have fun on your trip, Im doing good here I have lots of things to tell you. I love it because trips here are to like different countries but everyone always wants to know about each state in the U.S because they are amazed at the fact its so huge. Oh and if you have not been to New York go there because everyone here always askes me if ive been to New York. Well Love and Miss you tschüss

Shi Town said...

When are you coming back? I need a new blog to read!

smost said...

Still waiting...we know you're back!

chad.02 said...

#11 Holly used to beat people up who talked about her momma