Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tidbits

Just a few thoughts from my life recently:

  • I'm running a half marathon on Saturday. Last year I caught a chest cold. This year it looks like I may catch a snow storm.
  • I've decided to change my answer to the question, "Why did you become a teacher?" to, "Because I love meetings. I really feel like I can be utilized well in meetings. The greater the amount of meetings, the better. I especially like meetings where we talk about how to conduct ourselves in other meetings." Cynical? A tad.
  • Me + a peanut-covered caramel apple = true love
  • It's weird thinking that I am raising two Minnesotans. A transplant myself, it occurs to me every once in a while that my two kids will claim the Land of 10,000 Lakes as their home. The other day Caeden said, "Mom, should I put this in the bag (long a)?" I shivered a little and said, "Caeden, we don't say that. We say b-aaaaaa-g (short a)."
  • The batteries on the Atari game that we have ran out and I was worried that my high score on Super Pac Man would be lost. It wasn't.
  • My husband, who is an English teacher, plays word games with the students he teaches in the Alternative school; his favorite is Scrabble. They told him that instead of putting a tatoo of a tear by his eye for every person that he has killed, he should put a comma.

2 comments:

Erin Bennett said...

How was the race? You're my hero. :)

Sarah said...

I especially love the last one. L-O-L.

I've missed being a part of the sisterhood of blogs. We all need to make a come-back.