Thursday, December 11, 2008

Double-Speak

Warning: provocative, non-empowering, women-are-sex-kittens photo ahead. Viewer discretion advised.


"Look, I think all women on some level just want to rage against the machine," she says. "There are too many movies out there that don't empower women, movies in which their only way of being happy is finding a man. And you know, that's not my favorite theme."

Yes, she looks good. But if she's concerned about empowering women...don't you think a business suit would have been a bit more appropriate?


7 comments:

chad.02 said...

hrm...why the tie?!

(i'm a king of double entendre!)

FOR THE WIN!

Anonymous said...

As an empowered woman who also happens to be a sex kitten, I just don't see your point, Holly.

The sisters and me said...

So do you think that is really Jennifer Aniston? Let me guess the point.

Was it look how smart I am?

I wear a tie to work?

Maybe... surgery for brains hasn't been discovered yet?

Oh I know... Brad look at this after all your dumb.

Anonymous said...

After she went on a world media tour to tell the media to leave her alone, I don't know why I am not the least bit surprised by this.

Gotta say it though: she looks damn good for 40.

Holly said...

She does look good! And I understand what JA is saying; you don't have to be one thing or the other. I just don't think this pic is "raging against the machine" and shouting empowerment.

But maybe that's just my interpretation of it. I've been wrong many times.

chad.02 said...

hrm... let me do it like this:

Meaning 1: FEMALE empowerment? then why a TIE?

Meaning 2: well...guys are pigs.

Erin Bennett said...

I just love that the bottom of this post is the picture of an unclothed Jennifer and the top of the next post is the title "naked." You're clever, Clark. :)