Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Analyze This

So I feel like I've got an opinion about everything lately. I've been wanting to blog about Osama's death, the birther nonsense, kids these days, Time's most influential, etc. But...they end up being big topics that I keep putting off until I no longer want to talk about them anymore.

That and I don't want to feel like I'm complaining all the time. Or right all the time. Or as someone who knows something, when in reality I'm probably just another chump with a big mouth about her opinions. For whatever reason, I've been keeping it to myself.

In a weird twist, it turns out that while I'm analyzing the news & issues of my world, the world is analyzing me.

I've read that Facebook has software that analyzes your profile, then matches ads to your personality.

Here's what Facebook has most recently matched to me:
  • 52% off Hot Yoga (I hate Yoga, hot or cold, but they've got me pegged with 52% off; they know I'm po' folk)
  • Flowers for Mother's Day (so either they know I am a mom, or I have one; freaky)
  • Free for Women (a website that is calling for all American women; they have a need for American women to deliver their---unnamed---samples. Nah.)
  • Dystance4Dystonia (a website that says, "Since you've already registered for the Chicago Marathon, you should run for a cause...this cause...")
So, this is how they've pegged me. I have a mother, I'm an American woman, I'm running a race, and I must love yoga.

No comments: