Wednesday, January 14, 2009

PR

If ever there was a list of publicists who were worth their weight in gold, Tom Cruise's guy or gal has to have a lock on the top spot. For a while there, I fully believed that Tom had caught a bad case of the crazies. His couch-jumping, Oprah-throttling, Matt-belittling, Brooke-shaming, Scientology-theologizing shenanigans had me all but signing off on him.

But lately, he has seemed, well....likable.

He went on the Today show and apologized to Matt. He reconciled with Brooke, made an appearance on Oprah and respectfully comforted his fellow Scientologist on the loss of his son.

Sure, he was the only actor who didn't use a German accent while playing a German soldier in a movie about Hitler. But, he did do this in Tropic Thunder.

Maybe it's just me, but he's seeming pretty darn normal again. And honestly, I'm glad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good.
Not dancing-in-his-underwear good, but good nonetheless.

Let's hope less-crazy Cruise sticks around for awhile.

Anonymous said...

I don't know. I kind of liked crazy-Cruise.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I don't like either Cruise. But the video clip was good.