Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thank you St. Paul

Oh St. Paul, why do I love thee? It is because you so generously set out running stations for all of the folks that take a jaunt down Summit Avenue. Do you receive anything in return? Do you require anything? No, you simply strategically place water coolers, jolly ranchers and jelly bellies along the way for any runner who happens by needing to stop & refuel.

Today I was one such runner. I hit a wall toward the end of my run and thought for the briefest of moments that I wasn't going to make it. As I was getting mired down in doubt, I happened to look up. What did I see, but a construction-orange colored water cooler, a stack of plastic cups, a bag of jolly ranchers and a bag of jelly bellies--an oasis. It was all I needed to get over the hump and finish the run.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so proud of you. Way to go.

chad.02 said...

well in nebraska you could always pull over mid run and pee in a corn field.